Global Marketing Director
Do you want to build cool things?
Great, so do we. At Tech Will Save Us we create make-it-yourself kits and apps that help kids all over the world to make, play, code, and invent using technology. And you can help!
We're looking for a Global Marketing Director who can drive the development and growth of the Tech Will Save Us brand, seeking opportunities to build our community of future focused families through online and offline channels. You'll drive sales through our direct to consumer channels as well as supporting sales through wholesale. We've got really great, mission lead people in our business and you'll get the chance to work collaboratively with them all! You'll spend time with the product, digital, sales and design teams to drive an end-to-end go-to-market plan for all new products.
As part of this role, we'll need you to:
- Develop and implement a dynamic brand strategy and supportive global, cross-channel marketing calendar
- Own and manage insights-driven creative and marketing briefs, and lead go-to-market plans for new product launches, campaigns and activations
- Drive approach and process to guarantee high impact and effective speed to market for all campaigns and marketing content, balancing inspiration with rigour
- Lead the development of programs, positioning, and consumer research to measure the effectiveness of campaigns, brand health, and brand sentiment
- Develop a high-performing team of channel experts and marketing strategists
- Increase brand awareness in both existing and new markets
- Identify clear audience strategies to evolve and grow our customer base
- Create programs that drive customer loyalty and increase brand trust
Join our mission. To make every kid feel like a hero...
Two years ago, we launched our making + coding platform, Make, along with the Creative Coder and a block-based coding environment for kids to program it. Last year, we Kickstarted a new range of products, the Dough Universe, and built a React Native app to accompany them. So far this year, we have partnered with Marvel to produce the Electro Hero Kit, launched not one, but two super-affordable kits along with a fresh set of digital experiences to guide the young superheroes to success. Right now, we're busy working on more awesomeness for 2019 and beyond...
Bring your Superpower to Tech Will Save Us and help our team of innovative engineers, designers, marketers, educators and content producers to help empower the next generation of makers.
There's no such thing as a template Tech Will Save Us team member! In all likelihood though, to be comfortable in this role and able to perform at a high level, you will have:
- Deep marketing experience, ideally in a strategic or creative agency for fast moving start-up environment or customer centric wholesale brand
- A strong track record of building innovative brands and impactful go to market campaigns
- Fluency in digital marketing, including a clear understanding of building brands and communities in digital channels with social media content
- Experience supporting sales teams to drive B2B wholesale commitment and sell thru to include POS and in store activations.
- Exceptional presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and respect for process/principles
- Proven experience leading, growing and managing a high performing team
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organisation
- A strong sense of creativity and understanding of the creative process
- An obsession with creating impactful consumer-centric experiences
This is a global role with the potential for up to 20% travel, so you'll also need to be comfortable with this.
We can offer the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team doing good work in the world — if you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. You will be part of a truly multi-disciplinary team of marketers, educators, content producers, production specialists, support reps, financiers, sales people, product designers, user experience experts, developers and engineers. On top of that:
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
- £500 per annum professional learning and development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
- Vibrant office environment at our London HQ and NYC co-working spaces
- Weekly team lunches and fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and decent coffee
- Bi-annual company make-a-thons to expand your skills and get creative with technology
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- Generous parental leave policy
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!