Electronic & Firmware Engineer
Tech Will Save Us is an award-winning, innovative consumer technology and product business, based in the vibrant area of East London. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative and talented electronic engineer or technologist who can bring our kits from concept through to production.
You’ll bring your relevant experience and passion for hardware to the product team and help bring our range of kits to the next level. You should be a maker at heart and be able to master our collection of DIY kits and tools and be brimming with new ideas for ways to extend, modify, hack and create new kits and tools to inspire for millions of families and young people to join the maker generation.
You will work closely with our product designers, content developers and UX designers to bring new products, concepts and technical explorations to life. We are looking for someone who can be detail-oriented when it comes to their electronics and be hugely empathetic towards our growing group of customers and the new technical challenges they sometimes face with our kits.
- Play a key role in the development and design of new electronic products
- Bring products from concept stage through to large scale manufacturing
- Explore and find viable technologies that will make our kits extra special
- Maintain and update our current range of kits, specifying new components where necessary for supply, certification or cost purposes
- Support our customer service and marketing teams to help customers overcome any making challenges
- Electronic engineering degree or masters
- Demonstrable history bringing consumer electronic products to market (3 years min)
- Experience working with AVR/ARM architectures
- Ultra-competent with both analog and digital circuit design at all stages (mock up, prototype, iterations, production prototype, etc), PCB design, soldering, power management, microcontrollers and the willingness to extend those skills
- Experience supporting the DFM and certifications processes
- Firmware programming—you love ASM, and use it when you need to!
- Bonus: experience working with wireless peripherals (incl. BT BTLE, WiFi, XBee, etc)
- Geek out over serial protocols
- Bit banging should be the name of your favourite band
- Efficient time management as you work on short-term tasks as well long-term product development
- Confident and clear in your communication with our customers, the wider team and suppliers/manufacturers in different parts of the world
- A passion for sharing your knowledge which could mean leading public workshops, hosting user testing workshops or presenting your prototypes to the rest of the team
- Belief that collaboration is at the heart of creativity and excellent performance
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
We’re offering the opportunity to work within an incredibly talented and friendly team, instigating 21st century learning around the kitchen table and in the classroom. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. Additionally,
- Salary £30K-£40K
- Enrolment in the company stock option plan (EMI Scheme)
- 25 days annual leave
- Professional development fund for conferences, courses etc
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare and other priorities
- Weekly team wellness lunch
- A friendly office environment in East London, next to the canal and a short walk from Victoria Park, Broadway Market and London Fields
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!
Closing date for applications is October 14th