People and Talent Lead
We believe the People & Talent function is fundamental to achieving our mission. We’re looking for someone to help us build the most accessible and creative technology brand for kids.
From the very beginning, you’ll be a key champion for our culture, working with the leadership to craft an environment which fosters psychological safety and effective ways of working, and designing a platform for our employees’ career development - including your own. In the first few months in this new role at TWSU, you’ll be building out and running the ways in which we acquire and nurture top talent. Before too long you will have created a function which acts and feels like the beating heart of the company.
Your work on nurturing our people & culture will likely include:
- Being a champion for our mission and values
- Being a good listener and developing good relationships across the team
- Creating all people-related policies and processes, and managing their implementation
- Designing effective ways of working and coaching TWSU teams to adopt them
- Working with key culture champions to instil company rituals, and run events
- On-boarding people
- Assessing employee engagement
- Creating a performance management and career development system
- Identifying and organising learning opportunities
- Sharing people & culture-related insights with the leadership team and the wider business
- Off-boarding people
Talent acquisition activities will likely include:
- Proactively identifying top talent
- Working with the team to build TWSU’s employer brand to attract top talent
- Owning the hiring process, running candidate assessment and feedback processes, ensuring seamless experiences for TWSU employees and candidates.
We believe that our ability to help things grow and flourish depends on our ability to measure, learn and iterate. As such, you’ll be laying the foundations for a data driven approach to People & Talent, and building a stack which reflects this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 to 5 years experience operating within a People, Talent or HR role at a high growth, VC backed startup
- Be a process geek
- Have true interest in and passion for all things People & Talent, helping people and teams to reach their potential, and an understanding of best practices and tools
- Have strong writing and copy editing skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to own and manage processes through to completion
- Be comfortable using data to inform their decision-making
- Be a brilliant listener and empathetic to different needs and attitudes across the company
- Be curious about what makes individuals, teams and organisations highly successful
- Demonstrate high levels of self-reflection
- Approach everything they do with maturity and integrity
We have offices in London, NYC and Paris but serve a global audience. You will be part of a truly multi-disciplinary team of marketers, educators, content producers, production specialists, support reps, financiers, sales people, product designers, user experience experts, developers and engineers.
We’re offering the opportunity to work within an incredibly talented and friendly team, on a mission to reshape the world with creative and skilled kids at the helm. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a game-changing company, this role is for you.
25 days PTO
A company pension scheme
Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
Professional development fund for all employees
Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
Vibrant office environment at our London HQ, NYC Loft and Parisian co-working spaces
Wellness programme including weekly lunch and yoga
Bi-annual company makeathons to expand your skills and be creative with technology
Fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and coffee
A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
Generous Parental Leave policy
Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth, we want to hear from you!