Production Manager - Award-Winning Consumer Products
Tech Will Save Us
Salary: Market Rate plus benefits!
Tech Will Save Us is an award-winning, innovative, technology and product business based in the vibrant area of East London. We create make-it-yourself kits and digital tools that help kids all over the world to make, play, code and invent using technology.
We’re looking for an organised and passionate Production Manager to join the Tech Will Save Us team and take responsibility for the production of our make-it-yourself kits that help kids all over the world to make, play, code and invent using technology. This is a broad role that will encompass most aspects of Production and Supply Chain, fulfilment, purchasing etc. As such, you'll have worked in a similar SME/startup environment, for a consumer product business and you'll have experience of manufacturing as a Production Manager or similar.
You'll have some idea of how retail works in terms of seasonal issues and you'll be energetic, hands-on and able to think on your feet!
MORE ABOUT US
We started in 2012, packing kits on a kitchen table and have now sold over 100,000 kits in 97 countries! Our kits are in the MoMA in New York and the Design Museum in London. We sell in over 4000 stores globally including Target, Best Buy and John Lewis.
We have offices in London, NYC and Paris but serve a global audience. We have a team of 36 engineers, marketers, educators, content producers, production specialists, support reps, financiers, sales people, product designers and User experience specialists. We’d love for you to join us in building the most accessible and entertaining brand for the creator generation.
You’ll have at least 3 years’ experience in a production and supply chain environment, in a managerial or supervisory role, and have an excellent understanding of how to run an effective and efficient production team. Joining a start-up you’ll have a passion to grow the business and do all you can to create an environment that allows the team to drive the business forward. You’ll have great communication skills and thrive on working both individually and with colleagues to solve problems.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to own and develop our production, manufacturing and supply chain processes. Working with the Head of Supply Chain, the role will cover all aspects of the supply chain, from production planning through to fulfilment of customer orders, specifically:
- Managing the production team to ensure that we hit our KPI targets within budget
- Ensuring the timely procurement and purchasing of goods
- Supporting any production cost reduction projects
- Overall responsibility for the goods receipt, put away and issue of materials, maintaining accurate stock levels in our stock management system
- Overseeing the quality assurance of the products
- Continuously improving production processes, identifying opportunities to improve efficiency
- Maintaining a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout the stores
- Working with the Head of Supply Chain to plan production and track and report on production efficiency
- Organising shipment of products to our fulfilment centres and customers
- 3 years’ experience in a SME production and manufacturing environment (with some supervisory or managerial duties) for a consumer business, ideally with a good knowledge of retail
- Experience using a stock management system
- Good knowledge of electronics beneficial
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to scheduled production plan
- Self motivated to complete tasks to plan
- 25 days PTO
- A company pension scheme
- Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
- Professional development fund for all employees
- Vibrant office environment
- Wellness programme including weekly lunch and yoga
- Bi-annual company makeathons to expand your skills and be creative with technology
- Fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and coffee
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
You may also work as Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager or Supervisor, or Production Supervisor!