Join our mission. To make every kid feel like a hero...
...To bring coding down to earth with a KAPOW! Making it messy. And creative. And cool. To show
mums, dads and grandparents that tech-time doesn’t have to mean screen-time. That skills they learned in school – like sewing, drawing or making rockets out of cardboard tubes – are all still part of the story. That anyone, and everyone, can do this. And that ‘this’ can be whatever you want it to be.
We’ve always believed that technology is the future . And not just for the coding wizards or the
spaceship engineers. For all of us, big and little. So back in 2012, we got to thinking about the ‘little’ part – how can we motivate kids to learn the skills they’ll need to shape tomorrow?
We started at our kitchen table in East London, experimenting with different make-it-yourself kits that use everything from coding to electronics. We realized that kids learn more when they feel inspired to make something amazing. And so, our first Tech Will Save Us kits were born.
Our range of digital and physical toys combine education with play to help kids find their superpower. Teaching kids about tech doesn’t start with a university diploma in quantum-computing science. It starts with a ‘PING’, the lighting up of a bulb and a smile from the world’s newest creator.
Now you can find the award-winning Tech Will Save Us kits in over 97 countries and in over 4000
stores including Target, Best Buy, Nordstrom and John Lewis. Leading brands such as Google, Code
Club, The Prince’s Trust, BBC Microbit and Disney seek us out to collaborate on innovative products that reach kids.
Bring your Superpower to Tech Will Save Us and help our team of innovative engineers, product designers, marketers, educators, content producers, support reps, financiers, sales people and user experience specialists empower the next generation.
The VP of Product’s mission is to deliver the product strategy and integrated product road map - both physical and digital. They will do this by developing the long-term design and experience strategy, building an exceptional execution team and keeping on top of the trends and opportunities informing technology, education, manufacturing and society that will most impact the products and experiences we create.
- Deliver an integrated product road map of physical products, partner products, add-ons and digital tools that encourage making, sharing, coding and learning across our range of products. Also increase engagement on our digital platform and increase LTV (lifetime value) and LTL (lifetime learning).
- Develop and embed 'Tech Will Save Us' design and interaction principles across the product portfolio. Successful integration will result in a coherent interaction across all our products, easy to use technology, durability, re-usability, sustainability and iconic aesthetics.
- Improve user testing, data capture, research and other methods to ensure we continue to deliver products in line with trends, needs, abilities and desires across age groups and geographies.
- Manage and develop a highly engaged, cross functional team across digital and physical products. Leading with a clear structure, high quality execution and rituals to deliver the businesses goals and contribute to the company culture and values.
- Develop new and existing product ranges to target specific price points and improve margins.
- Improve the New Product Development (NPD) process ensuring it delivers the right products for our customers, on time, within budget, improving customer and market insights, trends, internal collaboration, communications, documentation and speed to market.
- Develop an R&D process and road map working closely with the founders, CMO, finance and Supply Chain teams to deliver long term products and experiences in line with the business’ revenue and strategic goals.
- Proven experience working within consumer facing environments delivering both digital and physical products.
- Experience managing the full product lifecycle from strategy through to roadmap and delivery.
- Skilled at mentoring growing and developing junior/mid- level members of the team and building a successful product function.
- Experience with customer centered product development processes, user testing and innovative ways to bring the customer into the product development process
- Experience creating and delivering multi-product road maps for both digital and physical product experiences - either in IOT, CE, sound, toys, security is ideal
- Working with and building engaged and diverse teams of engineers, developers, designers and user experience specialists
- Design and aesthetic sensibilities of simple, beautiful and unique products
- Synthesising and using data across the business to increase productivity, execution and retention within teams.
- Skilled at working within strategic and senior level teams and building great professional and personal relationships
- Efficiency - able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity – ironclad, earns trust & maintains confidences
- Reliable - follow-through on commitments, lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambition – seeking advancement and professional growth
- Tenacity – doesn’t stop until they succeed
- Intelligence - wants to learn & learn quickly
- Attention to detail - does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project and delivers high quality outputs
- Persistence - demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Pro-activity - acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Clear, playful, simple and contemporary design sensibility
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Evidence of having developed and improved product development processes to deliver great results margins, budgets, timing, engagement
- Managing product development teams and processes - delivering them on time, on budget, with high quality execution
- Working with partners, licensees and collaborators to deliver products and experiences in collaborations that deliver increased brand awareness and revenue
- Commercially minded
- Customer obsessed and evidence of delivering product and experiences to ‘solve’ problems and delight users
- Nice to have: having worked in the kids space
Tech Will Save Us are a London-based startup with offices also in NYC and Paris.
“Be Your Best Self” in a business culture that values creativity, analytical thinking and endless curiosity.
- 25 days PTO
- A company pension scheme
- Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
- Professional development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
- Vibrant office environment at our London HQ, NYC Loft and Parisian co-working spaces
- Wellness programme including weekly lunch and yoga
- Bi-annual company make-a-thons to expand your skills and be creative with technology
- Fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and coffee
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!