VP Supply Chain
Join our mission. To make every kid feel like a hero...
At Tech Will Save Us we create make-it-yourself kits and apps that help kids all over the world to make, play, code, and invent using technology.
Why would you?
Well for starters, we think we have a pretty important mission (more about that below). Alongside that as our driving force, the person who becomes our shiny new VP Supply Chain will be joining us at a really exciting time. We have an existing supply chain in place (with a cracking team to boot) for you to take over, and once settled you can take it to the next level as we expand our product range over the next years. You'll be the one building, managing and coaching that department to be best in class. Pretty cool, right?
A bit about us
Two years ago, we launched our making + coding platform, Make, along with the Creative Coder and a block-based coding environment for kids to program it. Last year, we Kickstarted a new range of products, the Dough Universe, and built a React Native app to accompany them. So far this year, we have partnered with Marvel to produce the Electro Hero Kit, launched not one, but two super-affordable kits along with a fresh set of digital experiences to guide the young superheroes to success. Right now, we're busy working on more awesomeness for 2019 and beyond...
Bring your superpower to Tech Will Save Us and help our team of innovative engineers, designers, marketers, educators and content producers to help empower the next generation of makers.
Our aims for this role are pretty lofty, so to feel confident that whoever comes in will be leading the supply chain charge from a position of expertise, we'd like you to have as much of the following as possible:
- Experience delivering consumer electronics and / or toys to market
- Track record in defining and delivering a supply chain strategy in a multi-channel business
- Experience working with 3rd party manufacturers, preferably in China
- Success with retail and multi-channel sales - both speciality and mass market
- Experience and exposure in working with mass retailers in the UK and US
- Ability to drive customer centric product development processes
- Experience working with marketing and sales teams doing forecasting and demand planning
- Entrepreneurial spirit to build a multi-million pound / dollar business
- Analytical thinker with strong financial and commercial knowledge
- Experience working with business that have gone through 2X growth YOY
- Experience in B2B opportunities like education or other channel growth beyond retail
We can offer the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team doing good work in the world — if you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. On top of that:
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
- Professional learning and development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
- Vibrant office environment at our London HQ, NYC and Parisian co-working spaces
- Weekly team lunches and fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and decent coffee
- Bi-annual company make-a-thons to expand your skills and get creative with technology
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- Generous parental leave policy
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!